LINC invites applications for the position of Community Development Worker – Kerry
6 month fixed term post (Part time – 20hrs)
LINC is a NGO, whose aim is to Improve the quality of life, health and well-being of all women who identify as lesbian or bisexual in Ireland. Established in 1999, LINC is a community organisation rooted in community development practice and principles which provides support and resource services to L&B (lesbian and bisexual) women and their families in Cork city and county and to L&B women in other parts of the country who do not have access to direct services.
The Community Development Worker will work from the perspective of community development principles and will be expected to work in an outreach capacity in the Kerry area.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- An understanding of, and affinity with, the issues facing lesbian and bisexual women and their families and an awareness of the lesbian and bisexual women’s community
- At least 3 years’ paid experience working in a community development capacity and a recognised and relevant third level qualification relevant to the job description for this position e.g. Community Work/Community Development/Community Health/Youth and Community Work/Health Promotion
- Working knowledge of and commitment to the underlying principles of voluntary/community sector working with marginalised groups.
- Experience organising and facilitating meetings, negotiating, and working with others to address issues and challenges identified
- Experience of programme planning, implementation, review and evaluation.
- Excellent report writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of facilitation, training and organisational development in the community and voluntary sector
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Good computer literacy including social media
- Ability to source funding streams and complete funding applications
- Fluency in English
- Ability to self manage and work on own initiative
- Current driving license and own transport
The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
For a detailed job description and application form please contact: email@example.com
CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 12noon on the 6th December with interviews to take place on the 10th December.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the information supplied in the application form and on the requirements of the post.
This project is supported by the LGBTI+ Community services Fund 2021 and Department of Children, Equality and Disability, Integration and Youth.