LINC is a community resource centre for lesbians and bisexual women and their families in Cork and beyond which celebrated its twentieth year of operation in 2019. The HSE provides core funding to support the work we deliver in the L&B community. Nationally, 10% of the population are estimated to be lesbian or gay and therefore, there are approximately 19,000 lesbian or gay people in the city of Cork and 48,000 in the county.
LINC aims to “improve the quality of life, health and well-being of all women who identify as lesbian or bisexual”.
This shall be achieved by:
- Building a safe, accessible and vibrant community centre (actual and virtual) for lesbians and bisexual (LB) women
- Providing information and support for LB women and their families
- Promoting the physical, mental, emotional and sexual health of LB women
- Informing and contributing to relevant policy development at local, regional and national level
- Being a model of best practice rooted in feminist, social justice and community development principles
We have a strong track record of providing services in the areas of:
- Mental health promotion and suicide prevention
- General health and well-being; social support
- Education and training and family matters