LINC invites applications for the position of
Education and Training Officer
LINC is a NGO based in Cork city, whose aim is to Improve the quality of life, health and well-being of all women who identify as lesbian or bisexual in Ireland. Established in 1999, LINC is a community organisation rooted in community development practice and principles which provides support and resource services to L&B (lesbian and bisexual) women and their families in Cork city and county and to L&B women in other parts of the country who do not have access to direct services.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
The Education and Training Officer will design, develop and bring to fruition LINC’s exciting new project WorkLINC. WorkLINC aims to support and empower lesbian and bisexual women’s participation in employment and education through delivery of a community education programme and employment supports. WorkLINC will also deliver a bespoke LGBTI+ training programme for employers who wish to develop inclusive workplaces for LGBTI+ employees.
- An awareness of the lesbian and bisexual women’s community and an understanding of the issues faced
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a community development/community education/training capacity
- A third level qualification relevant to the job description for this position e.g. Community Work/Community Development//Community Education/Training or relevant experience in the community sector
- Working knowledge of and commitment to the underlying principles of voluntary/community sector working with marginalised groups.
- Experience of needs assessment, programme planning, implementation, review and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills, written, presentation, oral, networking and interpersonal skills
- A high level of proficiency in the range of MS Office 365 programmes eg. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. and social media platforms
- Ability to source funding streams and complete funding applications
- Fluency in English both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Current clean driving license and own transport
The salary scale for this post ranges from €32,000 to €40,000 for full-time post. Hybrid working ie office and remote working is possible. The salary offered will be subject to experience.
For a detailed job description and application form please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for receipt of completed application forms is 5pm, 9th July.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 15th July.
Applicants will be shortlisted for interview based on the information supplied in the application form and on the requirements of the post.
This is a 3 year fixed term position
This position is funded through Rethink Ireland’s The Equality Fund.