UP Youth Project
Well Done to the UP Cork LGBT Youth Group who won LGBT Initative of the year at the 2012 Rebel Awards
Who we are :
The UP youth project supports and resources gay, lesbian; bisexual and transgender young people aged 15-24 to make informed decisions which positively affect their lives. The project provides one-to-one and group support for young people to allow them to safely engage with confidence building, personal development, peer support and making friends. It also affords young people a space where they can experience inclusion, acceptance, social justice, fun and safety.
What we do:
Rapping, Art, Drama, Drugs awareness, Sexual Health awareness, Weekends away, Day trips, graffiti art, choreographed dance, cooking lessons, DVD nights, BBQ evenings, youth café and an awful lot more!
They Meet Every Weds at 6pm in LINC & Thursdays at 7pm in The Other Place
or ring 021 4300430 or 021 4808600
Find them on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/UP-Cork-LGBT-Youth-Group/301621783202946
There are several ways for you to access Youth Group
- Just come along on a Wednesday evening from 6pm until 8pm
- Give us a call first on 021 4808600 and speak with a member of staff who will put you in contact with the Youth worker before you come for the first time as some young people may be a small bit intimidated especially if you are alone.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for a reply and information by e-mail
- If you are out to your family or friends you might like them to contact us on your behalf and that’s ok too. The most important thing is that you don’t feel alone.
If you are on this page then perhaps you are just one step away from making contact with us …………..MAKE IT HAPPEN
Wednesday Group… What’s On Offer?
- Mind Body & Soul
- Mental Health
- Sexual Health
- Group Support
- One to One Counselling Service
Other Youth Links
Advocates for Youth: www.advocatesforyouth.org
College LGBT Societies: